Privacy & Security:
Your Privacy Is Not for Sale
Simply put, we do not and will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
- What kind of information do we collect?
We collect information at several stages during your interaction with AccessoriesDirect.ca. When you first enter our site, we note your IP address in connection to your shopping cart and to help with administrating the site.
- When you buy a product, you give us contact and shipping information (like your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.) and credit information like Social insurance number, date of birth, credit card and driver's license identification. We use this information to process and fulfill your order and to protect you from false purchases made in your name.
- What if I do not wish to enter my information online?
Not a problem, you may contact Customer Service and give them your information through fax or via the telephone. If you elect not to provide the information necessary for a service contract, you may choose to acquire a pre-paid service agreement.
- What do you do with the information?
Your contact and shipping information is given to the carriers, the manufacturer making the product you purchase, and Federal Express or UPS. We also work with service providers who provide services, including but not limited to web hosting, order processing and fulfillment, credit card clearance, data analysis, e-mailing and other services of an administrative nature. Your contact information is shared with such third parties exclusively for the purposes of providing such services. We require service providers to agree to use our customer data strictly for the purposes described above and to not use it for their own marketing purposes; however, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such third parties.
AccessoriesDirect.ca uses your information to follow-up on your order and, if you subscribe to our email, to send you updated information on our company, products and services. Your service provider and manufacturer may also send you similar information.
Our site provides the opportunity to opt-in to receive mailings without purchasing from AccessoriesDirect.ca. All promotional newsletters have instructions on how to be removed from our mailing list or unsubscribe. Subscribers may also contact us via email. We do not collect email addresses of recipients of newsletters forwarded by AccessoriesDirect.ca subscribers.
If you prefer not to receive correspondence from AccessoriesDirect.ca, you may contact Customer Service with your request. If you elect not to receive information from the manufacturer of the product you bought or the service provider you selected, please note that in your correspondence. If you prefer NOT to provide personal information over the internet, please place your order directly through Customer Service through our "Order by Phone" link.
If you have placed an order with us we retain your order information for a minimum of one year. If you wish to change any of that information or request us to delete it, you may contact Customer Service by mail or email with your request. It may be necessary for us to retain your customer information for several months for chargeback purposes, should you cancel phone service with a carrier, but in any case we are able to, we will happily update or remove your data from our systems.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with an appropriate law enforcement investigation, current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site, or as required by law.
AccessoriesDirect.ca User Submitted Reviews: We discourage you from entering any personal information and please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example through e-mail, discussion lists, or elsewhere - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. It is not required for you to submit personally identifiable information to enable you to submit a review.
Why shopping with AccessoriesDirect.ca is safe.
AccessoriesDirect.ca has implemented multiple levels of web site security to ensure a safe online shopping environment. We use a secure server, have received SSL secure server certification, practice credit card encryption, do not store Credit card verification numbers and have our site scanned monthly by an external source.
- Secure Web Server
In keeping with the highest standards of safety, AccessoriesDirect.ca's secure server protects web pages that request or display a customer's personal information.
- SSL Secure Server Digicert Certificate
AccessoriesDirect.ca has received a Secure Server Certificate issued by ______ ensuring that a user's order will be completely private and secure.
AccessoriesDirect.ca customer credit card information is processed using the highest bit encryption available.
- CVN Not Stored
AccessoriesDirect.ca is contributing to preserving a safe environment for online credit card use by never storing the CVN numbers printed on credit cards.
Cookies are small text files sent to your computer when you visit certain web pages. They are stored on your computer's hard drive and keep track of various data such as what you have in your shopping cart and the zip code you have entered.
Although AccessoriesDirect.ca cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information we understand certain users have a mistrust of them. Therefore, we recently made changes to the way our site uses them. It is no longer necessary to enable permanent cookies (if your browser allows you this level of detail), but you will need to allow session cookies.
How to enable session cookies:
(If you do not know your browser version, click on help in your browser menu and then click the About... option)
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- Select Tools -> Internet Options and click on the "Privacy" tab.
- In Settings, click on "Advanced".
- To edit the default settings (which do allow permanent cookies) check the box that reads "Override Automatic Cookie Handling".
- This will allow you to set First & Third Party cookie handling. (For AccessoriesDirect.ca you may set any option you want to here, including Blocking Cookies.)
- You must check the box that reads, "Always allow session cookies".
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
- Select Tools -> Internet Options and click on the "Security" tab.
- The default selection, "Medium," supports cookies, but you can click on the "Custom Level" button to check. Scroll down until you see the word "Cookies" and verify that the radio button next to "Enable" is selected in both options.
Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6
- Select Tools -> Options and click on "Privacy" in the list on the left.
- Select Cookies '+' which will expand the view for Cookies
- Beneath "Allow sites to set cookies" also check the box "for the originating website only"
- You may also change the default setting for Keep Cookies from "until they expire" -> "until I close Firefox".
- Click OK
- Select Edit -> Preferences -> Click Privacy & Security -> Cookies
- You must select one of the 3 "Enable Cookies" options (Enable All, Enable for originating web site or Enable based on privacy settings)
- You may then check the box that reads, "Limit maximum lifetime of cookies to: Current Session"
- Select Edit -> Preferences -> Click Privacy & Security -> Cookies
- You may select "Enable Cookies for the originating web site only"
- Select Tools -> Preferences -> and click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Click Cookies in the left column
- Under Normal cookies set, "Let me decide each time I receive one"
- Under Third Party cookies set, "Accept only cookies set to the server itself".
- Click OK
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.